Callan Director Brendan Kelly worked in the Legal Sector for 13 years. During this time he specialised in the taxation of trusts and estates together with planning for individuals. He obtained a full understanding of the way Legal firms work and can help spot opportunities where having a full understanding of the subject can allow solicitors to provide a valuable additional service to their clients.
Brendan is a member of STEP (Society of Trust & Estate Practitioners) having attained the Diploma in 2009 after completing the 2-year course. He was also nominated for Paralegal of the year in 2008 and 2011 at the Law Awards of Scotland and the Scottish Legal Awards.
Brendan has specialised in tax for over 34 years, spending his time with HMRC in both the legal and accounting sectors, building up a wealth of knowledge and experience as a manager and as a senior manager.
Callan now offers a new package where Brendan will visit your practice to set up training and a Q&A session. This can be done to best suit your firm and the session can be a couple of hours, half day or a full day.
Our Trusts and Estate Planning training sessions will cover the following areas:
• Taxation of trusts; creation, lifetime and winding up, planning with Settlors, Trustees and beneficiaries
• Taxation of estates; planning opportunities with the personal representatives and beneficiaries
• Planning with your clients
• Working with other areas of the practice
• What is going on in the world of tax that can have an impact on your clients
Please get in touch by calling 0141 204 0930 or by emailing Brendan directly at BKelly@callanaccountancy.co.uk to find out more about the background, structure, and pricing. We look forward to hearing from you.